StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I put on for my city...

Default Customize Car Show 2008

Last Weekend saw the second annual Customize Car Show by Blendah Productions and Rather Unique Auto Styles. This show picked up where the last one left off, being held at the same venue - Paul E Joseph stadium. Rows of cars were laid out for everyone to enjoy, and in the afternoon sound quality and pressure level competitions were held....

The day wasn't without its challenges though. Mid way through the day it started raining. Thankfully the rain cleared and the day cooled as nigh set in. That was perfect for the show though, as the event was held in a stadium and lighting was a non-issue- unlike the Winter Slam show. We don't have the final scoring for everyone yet, so we'll get back to you on that.

This year, show attendance was very good, but down somewhat from last year. While I've only heard bits and pieces behind why some people didn't show, I'd like to make the call for the community to come together. It's obviously in everyone's best interests to have a good turnout at local shows. There's no reason why these shows in particular (Customize Car Show + Winter Slam) can't be the largest and most popular events in these waters. To that end, the StreetSeen forums are open for discussion.

Regardless, attendance was solid and it was good to see another successful car show being held. The notable change from last year's was in the judging. This time around, it was handled by MECA, the same group that has handled the judging for the St Thomas Car Show (every summer) as well as the Winter Slam car show held here. I've already commented on their judging style- which has tended to be very good since they're both independent and experienced, so no need to comment further. The variety of cars, competition, food and drinks and music made for a good time for all.

Without getting too much into the cars, I'll simply direct you to the official StreetSeen gallery from the show, which can be found right here.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
"Rotary Fanatic"

Default Re: Customize Car Show 2008

Not a whole lot of cars to look at.. But then again its a small island... Big up to all the cars that was there... I couldn't make it ... With my car....

MY CARS
94 Mazda RX7
95 Mazda RX7 build in progress
88 Mazda RX7 Convertible T2 Swap "sold"
90 Chevy Truck 1500 DD
03 Suzuki Aerio "bracket champ"
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
ANY TING TEST DEAD !!!

Thumbs up Re: Customize Car Show 2008

Any more pics ?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I put on for my city...