StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 PM
I put on for my city...

Default 2008 Poker Run

If you missed the 2008 Poker Run you missed something special. When I first got the call that the bikers were arranging an island wide run for charity I was a bit skeptical. Not that there's anything wrong with bike runs, hey I'm all for it- but how could that do anything for anyone who's not a hardcore motoring enthusiast?

Enter the 2008 Poker Run. The concept was simple: bikers paid money and received t-shirts and teddy bears for their bikes. Kids got to go follow the pack as they went from one location on the island to another- stopping at about half a dozen participating restaurants. Kids sold raffle tickets and t-shirts. The revenue went toward the Boys & Girls club. The bikers picked up cards at each stop and played a game of poker at the end of the run for prizes. With the aim of bringing bikers of all kinds together to support the community, it sounded like something exactly in line with what StreetSeen is about.... so how could we not represent?

Sunny weather blessed the run and not only was participation good, but the kids had a great time. We followed as they drove the entire island, and we've uploaded over 300 pictures to the galleries right here. Click forward for a few of those pics but don't forget to check out the entire series in our gallery!

The run started in Town/East, then progressed to Cheeseburgers in Paradise...

The cruisers head back toward town while the faster bikes went east...which group do you think we followed?

and so we arrived at Cramers Park down east... where people were camping and generally enjoying a nice Saturday morning.

Then we regrouped with more bikes heading back toward town and some of the faster ones continuing out around South Shore... (see our gallery pics to see which way we went)

Back in town the kids got some time with the bikes...

...and they loved it...

So fresh so clean!

Mr Bear enjoying the ride too...

Shutting down the boardwalk!

Heading west from town toward Carambola

Grabbing some eats and drinks

Heading west...

Frederiksted!

Final Stop....

All in all a great time was had. Kids had a blast. Some good money was raised. We got some great driving in. What more can you possibly ask for...? Big ups to everyone who took part. Again, don't forget to check out the rest of our shots in our galleries right here.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:28 PM
WE ALL OVER

Default Re: 2008 Poker Run

it look like a good weekend. nice pics too
Old 03-24-2008, 02:13 PM

Hey Guys!

For all the Sport Riders and Dirt Riders who participated in the Poker Run Saturday, I want to thank you for helping make it a great run. Your a great bunch of guys, excellent riders, supporting a worthy cause, and having a great time doing it. It doesn't get any better than that. It is all about the kids, all about the kids. Thanks for taking charge of the last leg of the trip and setting such a nice pace. Really enjoyed it.

Lil Bit got some great pictures of you guys we will be sending your way.

Looking forward to the next run,

Pam L
Old 03-31-2008, 07:45 PM
STREETSEEN OG

Location: St. Croix U.S.V.I. on MIND in deh GUTTER street........GOING H.A.M
Send a message via MSN to mentally

anything that has to do with the youth of tommorow streetseen is there, and it was fun to be there also
Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Administrator

looks like a good ride for a good cause. Well done