StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
I put on for my city...

Default Westline & Coors Light Winter Slam Car Show

Today we're here with over 300 images from the winter slam car show, organized by Westline Productions and sponsored by Coors Light, the same crew that organizes the annual summer slam car show in St Thomas.

To continue on from our coverage of their last show in St Thomas, this was the show everyone was looking forward to. Although it was originally scheduled for December, uncooperative weather meant that off island cars couldn't make it- forcing the show to be postponed until last weekend. The wait was worth it though as the off island cars, from the Supercharged Roush Mustang to the kitted out G35 and everything in between, were great to see. Indeed the new cars were the talk of the island as many hadn't been seen here before. In addition, although the timing was accidental, I think the car-focused weekend with day 1 at the track and day 2 at the show was a great combo...

Lets talk about the arena. The only real issue with the show was that it was dark. The show was held around the stands at the race track, which was actually fine- but the lighting was poor where the cars were. If you've been to the prior Westline events though, you wouldn't have been disappointed with this one. Safety wasn't an issue. Security was tight. This was a positive aspect that Westline should be complimented for. Regarding the lighting situation, Westline had noted that the venues were limited. To an extent I agree. For example, if you're going to do a major car show it's difficult to do it in a place like a gym, as was done on St Thomas, simply because there's just not enough space for something that big! Having said that though, the Frederiksted ball park seemed better in this aspect: after night fall, you still have good light there and also a lot of space. Regardless, the show was well organized with a variety of entertainment for all... from a super slide with bouncies for kids, to the cars and Coors Light girls for those of an older age. Clearly, this is something Westline does really well.

The arena made the show feel small although it was in fact larger than it seemed. As you can see in our gallery, quite a few cars were present, and the variety was at least as good as any of the shows over the past year. There were some cars casually present that deserved serious note including a number of Vettes including the new C6 Z06, a fully hooked up Kawasaki ZX12, and more.

For $15 it was all a good deal. The crew from the Mobile Electronics Competition Association (Meca) in Tennessee was down as well, doing their usual (that is to say, excellent) job managing the difficult task of car audio judging. While there was some argument over the rules- particularly those involving the banning of explicit music- I can understand where Meca & Westline are coming from when they need to keep music clean.

All in all a good time was had and it was a great evening. Coors Light & Westline Productions are definitely doing their thing, consistently holding top quality shows for us here in the VI. We're very much looking forward to covering their next show, the annual St Thomas Summer Slam, which Westline expects to hold toward the end of August.

Please click here to view the pictures in our gallery.
Also you can find Westline Production's website here, and MECA's website here.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 PM
We Are Not The Same

Default Re: Westline & Coors Light Winter Slam Car Show

Whoa! Very good collections. It was a pretty safe car show overall. Man I wonder how old this chica is??

I shoulda came earlier lol but yo to me these cars were on point:

Homeboy still rockin dat decal lol

Overall it was cool and we need more!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Some sharp rides!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:23 PM

Why didn't you enter the G?

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders