StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I put on for my city...

Default Behind the Scenes: The Tokyo Motor Show

The Tokyo Motor Show officially ended last week, and today I was going through my shots from the trip...
There are well over three thousand. Today I'll share a few of the 'behind the scenes shots' I took at the show as well as some shots that didn't really fit into any of the other posts...

The show was held in a place called Chiba City, about an hour outside of Tokyo by train. Once we got off the train we followed people with camera equipment to get to the show... it was maybe 20 minutes walk but it wasn't that hard to tell which way to go lol.

Sony was a sponsor with their newest Gran Turismo Prologue. It's not available in the US yet...

...but we had the chance to play it, before it was even out in Japan.

Some of the vehicles in the game still had masks because they hadn't been unveiled at the show yet lol.

The game was the hotness.

They want you to drive it, so you can report on how awesome it is in your newspaper, magazine, website, or whatever you have...they really treated the press well, but more on that later...

In Japan they have black and white PS3s. The white one looks cool but I'll keep my black one.

We went straight for this booth.....

I'd flown for about 20 hours to get here. And here it was.........

A general shot of the show area:

The Audi booth:

I love the R8. It's not nearly the fastest car around the ring (barely into the 7 minute range) nor is it the the fastest in a line (its a 12 second car), nor is it cheap ($110k+ and $50k+ markup on top of that) but it's beautiful. And they say it's one of the most dynamic and engaging cars to drive....

The car was just awesome. The build quality is excellent. And the carbon fiber is crazy.

This is the press room. In here they basically filled a huge room with a ton of desks with power and internet... the room was literally filled with computers. Along one wall they had phones for us to call anywhere in the world, for free. In general the press would run from one presentation to another, then rush back to the press room to post pictures to the internet or to send pictures back home to HQ. For the first time it felt really strange being next to the big shots in the press ie Motortrend, Car & Driver, etc.

The Lexus area outside of presentation hours:

And...

Bentley

Lamborghini. They also had their Reventon. It costs like a mil and a half...

Mercedes ladies

There were also OEM suppliers.

After we left the show I hooked up with the cats from Nissan Sport. We went over by the nearby ANA hotel where they had interviews with Nissan VPs.

But then you could tell that from the outside. Nothing but Fugas and Presidents (which are Infiniti Ms and Qs here in the US). The cars were running with drivers inside ready to go.

It was epic.

In the forums I'll post many of these pics in a higher resolution....
Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
"Rotary Fanatic"

Default Re: Behind the Scenes: The Tokyo Motor Show

3000 picture your finger must be tired....or in a cast......lol...

MY CARS
94 Mazda RX7
95 Mazda RX7 build in progress
88 Mazda RX7 Convertible T2 Swap "sold"
90 Chevy Truck 1500 DD
03 Suzuki Aerio "bracket champ"
Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 PM

what can i say teckhova is the man....yay to go cuz....!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

It really is a strange mixture of sadness to see it go and happiness that we could experience a slice of it. Next round StreetSeen will be there in even more force.