StreetSeen.VI Forums  

Go Back   StreetSeen.VI Forums > StreetSeen.VI > Headline News

Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I put on for my city...

Default The King of the Streets Races

Easter Sunday. St Croix. USVI.

The sun's fallen. The racing's been going down for a few hours now. Cars of all makes and models fill the staging lines. The crowd is out in force. For the first time in years the parking lot is getting full, extending well beyond the usual pits area and out to within earshot of the admissions gate. And not without reason. The much hyped King of the Streets races are going down. Here on this closed street that we call The Track, the fastest street cars on island are doing battle to see who's the fastest. This isn't your typical CDRA sanctioned racing. It's not sanctioned at all. There's no waiting for brackets to be formed and timing to be entered. It's street. Pairings are fast and runs are heads up against the light. Winners aren't found against a sophisticated timing system though- it's simply a matter of who gets there first, as witnessed by a cameraman at the end of the track. And while one race is going down, another is in the making. Cars burn out just a few short feet from the crowd. It's as street as you can get while staying legal. And just barely.

That was the scene here on St Croix last weekend as the highly anticipated King of the Streets races went down.

Among the competitors included domestics and imports - both Japanese and German. Cars and bikes. The races? Evolution vs SRT8. BMW 135i vs FD RX7. And more. Each run seeming to have a different outcome different than the crowd expected. A Jeep that can beat an Evolution - out in the hole and in the open? A RX7 that will outlaunch both a 1 series and a Mustang, all on drag radials and ET Streets? And who would the winners be?

We await official results of the classes, but this much is certain- all StreetSeeners represented well. The Lancer owned by Babyface and the Evolution owned by Petersk2 in particular, both ranked highly. The night was among the most entertaining in some time and we look forward to more.

For pictures from the King of the Streets races, click here. For videos, see this thread in our forums. Have any videos or images yourself? feel free to upload and post! Not registered to post? No problem, it only takes a minute and it's free.

Finally, Victor, the event organizer, would like to thank everyone who turned out and showed support! Stay tuned for more...
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 3tc power
Default Re: The King of the Streets Races

i got me a new desktop backround lol..hey man i have to rep for my cuz dread plus the car is running pretty good for a untuned car

Old 04-14-2009, 01:58 PM

the car looks good and runs pretty good but i think the evo got him.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I put on for my city...

i want to think the evo was doing mid 12s ? it might have been the fastest (or close to it) by ET among those on street tires? someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Yeah, my best so far was mid 12s. That was with my first time trying to tune the car myself a few hours before the event.

Last edited by petersk2; 04-14-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Thanks to Tekk and Cut for making this all possible, all the streetseeners that showed up to make this event a hit, and Redbull, nuff respect man, I honestly feel you had the best performing street car there.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
I put on for my city...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersk2 View Post
Yeah, my best so far was mid 12s. That was with my first time trying to tune the car myself a few hours before the event.
nice! the car was looking good out there
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM

yall know that car aint tune right! lol haha i wish me and my boy was down there to get that car right. anyways AWD cars doesn't need sticky tires to run good times simply because traction is there with all 4 wheel propelling the car. so how close was the race with him and the evo? just curios! and i'm glad he didn't hurt the car knowing it needs to be fine tuned.

Last edited by 3tc power; 04-14-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 PM

It was close, but I'd like to point out I ain't no tuner, I believe with a better tune, I'll do better times.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersk2 View Post
It was close, but I'd like to point out I ain't no tuner, I believe with a better tune, I'll do better times.
you are in good hands having a car like that! because the dsm community show tons of ways for you to setup these evo, now with us who have old school cars like RX and rollas some of those online communities aint that much help..mean if you ask them they aint telling you nada. respect is respect dread and you have minds because the car runs good.